Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sex Gadgets

The incomparable Midori recently posted an article entitled Sex Toys of the Future. Go over there to read it and then meet me back here.

I'm interested in sex toys for two reasons: I sell them at my day job, and they are inextricably linked to steampunk for me. The DIY aesthetic of steampunk means that there's a machine for everything that can be thought of, from meal making to time travel. Usually, the workings of these machines are rather arcane, and tend to only make sense to their creator. Given that we, as humans, have a tendency to turn just about anything into a sex aide of some sort, it follows that steampunks would do the same.



However, it's difficult to find modern sex toys that fit have that steampunk look. Some of the Lelo line, and the Eroscillator come close, but where are the gears? Where are the clockwork vibrators? Somehow, this just doesn't cover it.

I'm with Midori on this one. Our brave and creative DIYers and modders need to get on this. I want daring, modern, and above all beautiful sex toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment