Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Steampunk Vibes

I've been debating about whether or not I should comment on this, but it's relevant to my interests, and yours if you're reading this, so...

Lady Clankington's Cabinet of Carnal Curiosities



ETA: I've been challenged in the comments to give Lady Clankington's products a chance. I may be publishing a recantation soon.

Now, as a seasoned adult novelty connoisseur, I have been eying this lady's wares with some skepticism. If you look closely at this item, the "Little Death Ray," it seems composed of two parts: the steampunky ray gun part--which is obviously crafted with care, even if it seems a little flimsy--and a $15 hard plastic vibrator.

So, I know I won't be buying one. Those things break if you look at them funny and, though she's selling the replacement vibes at market value, that still means you're paying around $75 for the handle alone.

They're neat as conversations pieces, but as the next wave of steampunk debauchery, they leave me disappointed. I hope to see more of this sort of thing in the future, with higher quality materials.

2 comments:

  1. I see...So you don't own one..and you've never seen one in person and yet you've decided to write a review on this product..I'm sure this makes you very well qualify for such a review..I on the other hand, Received one as a gift recently. It's the coolest additon to my extensive toy collection. It's more than more than gets the job done ;) I can't wait for the "Butt Rogers" addition to come out!!! I look forward to your to your future insights on things you have yet to experience personally.

    Sincerly,
    Lady Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lady Veronica,

    This is a fair point. I do have a tendency to pre-judge erotic devices a little too quickly. I'm very pleased to hear that I was wrong about this product. Would you be willing to write a review of it? I'd love to post it here, or link to it on your own site.

    Please understand, my tone in this entry is a result of hope followed by disappointment. Nothing would make me happier than for this to be an excellent addition to erotic steampunk culture.

    Sincerely,
    J. Blackmore

    ReplyDelete