Monday, April 11, 2011

Commentary: Chocolatiers of the High Winds

Chapter 2: Legacy

(Click on the title to read, and then meet me back here for a cozy chat.)

Oh, I like where this is going. Sugar is in short supply, but Mayport's family business still has some. I'm getting completely sucked in by the descriptions of the equipment and the workings of the cane mill. I make it sound boring, but, seriously, it isn't.

Ok, now I'm hooked. We've got chocolate-running pirates, a mystery, shady business-dealings, and family drama, and we're only in the second chapter. I'm desperate to know how Mayport's father got them all into this mess, and how Mayport's going to get out of it. He's going to get out of it, right? In bed? *snickers* Actually, I'm not bemoaning the last of sex anymore, because I have a feeling this story is going to hit all of my steampunk buttons while it makes me wait. I can deal with that.

What do ya'll think?

No comments:

Post a Comment