Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back into the Swing

As it were.

I promised myself, and apparently Twitter, that I would write more this year, and this is my first attempt to keep that promise. After basically writing off the last half of December, now it's time to get back to work. On today's schedule: betareading a fantasy adventure serial, and editing an erotic fantasy novella.

The first can be found at TheWizardsProphecy.com. It's a labour-of-love type project, with the writer, editor, and artists working for free, because we all believe in this story, and want people to read it. Check it out.

The second is my latest project for Circlet Press. It's a gorgeous, lyrical tale starring selkies, which are pretty much at the top of my list of favourite fantasy creatures. I meant to have this turned in at the end of December, but the holidays and some personal drama ate my brain. I'm gonna get my hustle on now, though, because I'd really like to get this one on the market soon. I've been lucky lately in that I've been receiving manuscripts featuring Celtic mythology. Princes of Air was the project before this, another beautiful book that I was desperate to get out there. Do me a favour and read that one too. I promise you'll thank me.

Honestly, writing Cecilia Tan to beg her to take me on as an editing-slave was probably one of the best creative moves I've ever made. Circlet has a collection of wickedly talented authors, and I'm almost embarrassed at how lucky I've been to work with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment